Topband: Beverage Termination Question

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Beverage Termination Question
From: Dennis W0JX via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 10:17:22 -0800
Top Banders:

I have a question about using a common ground point for the far end of
beverages. I have a NE/SW bi-directional beverage which terminates at a
telephone pole at the far edge of my property. At the base of the pole, I have
a grounding system consisting of four ground rods spread apart by about 5 feet
from each other, all tied together. This is the ground for the DXE reflection
transformer.

I want to put up a temporary, single wire 358 degree beverage for the winter.
The angle between the two antennas will be approximately 45 degrees. Can I
ground the 470 ohm termination resistor for the single wire beverage to the
same ground system used by the NE/SW bi-directional without serious interaction?

Or must I drive a separate ground rod for the single wire antenna? If so, how
far must it be spaced from the bi-directional ground system?

73, Dennis W0JX