Re: Topband: Unknown Pulse Signal Wiping out 1900-1925 kHz

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Unknown Pulse Signal Wiping out 1900-1925 kHz
From: John Chappell G3XRJ <john@g3xrj.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 08:24:02 +0000

Report from Land's End UK

Pulsing s7 here from NW quadrant 30 mins before Sunrise. Only K9AY for rx but definitely NW'ish.
Fading down as going through Sunrise and now s3-4 20 mins after SR.

73

John G3XRJ

It's peaking at 15 over 9 here in SW Connecticut right now.

I first heard this noise last Thursday evening (12/4) around 0300Z. Signal strength was between 20 and 30 over 9 at that time. My friend Fred, K2DFC, in NJ heard it then too, with a signal strength of 20 over 9. Since then, he's heard it a few times during the day, but the signal strength is weaker during daylight hours.

Jack   K2RS