Topband: 9 kHz heterodyne BCI

To: TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 9 kHz heterodyne BCI
From: Bob Kupps via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 02:18:04 +0000 (UTC)
Hi we just got QRV on 160 right before the SP and noticed AM BCI at 1800 kHz
and every 9 kHZ  up from there. Since 9 kHz is the BC channel spacing here I
suspect two adjacent stations are mixing. Somehow somewhere. Maybe here in my
station, one of the BC stations or somewhere else?
Unfortunately our new HiZ 4/8 array was rendered inop before we could finish it
due to rodents chewing away sections of the feedlines. We rigged up 2 2-way one
wave Beverages and these heterodynes were the same strength from all 4
directions on them. Opening our tx vertical had no effect.
Anyone know the likely cause/cure for these observations?
TIA 73 Bob HS0ZIA