Re: Topband: Silver solder

To: Paul Christensen <w9ac@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Silver solder
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2015 19:52:09 -0600
The silver solder I have here does have a high silver content, yes. :-)
It also contains cadmium, which shouldn't be used indoors because the fumes
are toxic.
It's 1/16" diameter round wire. When it's gone, I'll probably replace it
with a cad-free alloy.

I mostly heat the work (that is, the junction of ground radials, wire, and
ground rod), and let that melt the solder. Applying a flame to the solder
itself is an exercise in frustration. You're not doing that, are you?

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com