Topband: JA's this morning on 160

To: GeorgeWallner <aa7jv@atlanticbb.net>, TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: JA's this morning on 160
From: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 18:26:51 -0400
George, I worked nine of JA'a this morning on 160. I could only hear them via SW skewed path over ZL/VK and they could only hear me via SE as well. Nobody on the mainland including Jeff VY2ZM with his super setup heard a thing nor did they hear him nor anybody else from the East Coast.. Signals from some JA's were 569 and one JH4AAG was a true 579. The first JA JA3ONB was worked at 0949Z and the last one was JA4LKB at 10:31Z. I had some problems with one of my SW Reversible Beverages at times or I could have possibly worked more. This has been repaired and I will try in the morning and see if the path repeats itself. I hope you are lucky and this path to be open for you to JA from KP1. Nothing here has ever compared to JA then this SW Skewed path were signals are so strong. It is a short opening so be prepared for it.

I will keep you informed on how it plays over the next few days.

HNY

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ