Re: Topband: Looking for 160m narrow beam RX advice - aninteresting com

To: "Rob Atkinson" <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Looking for 160m narrow beam RX advice - aninteresting com
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 13:42:36 -0500
Actually you could go back and forth with the two boxes, like nulling a phasing SSB rig that has two balanced modulators, and have it work in most cases under the criteria given.

The reason this would likely work is there are two sense antennas, each one close to an independent source. Each independent sense antenna must be significantly closer to each independent source, and if we do that, it will likely work.

With a single nuller, it will almost certainly not work because each noise source has a different phase shift and level to the main antenna. There MUST be a way to independently set level and phase for each sense antenna.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob Atkinson" <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>