Re: Topband: EP6T Last Night

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: EP6T Last Night
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 22:49:10 -0500
I'm pretty sure I made the Q with EP6T tonight. Some ass was keying
down with others chiding him on the Tx frequency so it was hard to
tell through their BS, sounded like my call coming back. I'll have to
see if it shows up in their log to know for sure.

There were some folks making the Q though and this was the first
night I could hear them on 160, AA1K made it for sure. Not sure why
there were so many long pauses between EP6T calling but sometimes it
took quite a while.

Listening to his signal gave me a chance to tweak the noise blanker
in the K3 and cut down on some of the arcing I constantly have thanks
to AMTRAK's leaky power lines 100' from my antennas. At least I was
able to reduce the noise more than the signal so that's a plus. Hate
to go without using the AGC, the lids really overpower the front end
that way but it helped to hear him better.

Antenna is ready for tomorrow's contest, ought to be a whole lot of
fun. Good luck to all who are giving it a go.

73,

Gary
KA1J

---