Re: Topband: Non-Invasive tree attachment?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Non-Invasive tree attachment?
From: donovanf@starpower.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 13:46:08 -0500 (EST)
Rope is a good non-invasive attachment if it will be in place for six months
or less, otherwise it will damage the tree. Webbing is a better approach.

You can use steel cable, rope, or webbing for a semi-permanent
installation by wrapping multiple turns around the branch and inserting
wooden furring strips between the cable and the tree to prevent the
cable from directly contacting the tree. Its best to notch or drill the
furring strips for the cable.

73
Frank
W3LPL