Re: Topband: CQWW160 Remote receiver rule

To: "Tree" <tree@kkn.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: CQWW160 Remote receiver rule
From: "David Raymond" <daraymond@iowatelecom.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 11:22:20 -0600
Remote stations are a complex issue and as Tree says, obviously, a game changer. That said, the further you get into it, the worse it gets. We know stations are obviously using very distant remote sites for DXCC purposes (as witnessed with EP6T, and others). No doubt there will be EU stations using NA remotes for K1N (if the control operators permit). I think many, if not most of us believe this is out and out cheating. Clearly there needs to be a category for remote operation, maybe of any kind. Of course, getting people to report it that way is another matter. However, in the case of our beloved SP contest, if a remote station 100 km was used for example just for receive and it is in a different grid, which grid square would one report? It's a sticky wicket any way you figure it.

73. . . Dave, W0FLS
----- Original Message ----- From: "Tree" <tree@kkn.net>