Re: Topband: CQWW160 Remote receiver rule

To: Niko Cimbur <ac6dd@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: CQWW160 Remote receiver rule
From: Guy Olinger K2AV <k2av.guy@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 19:39:07 -0500
My question is why penalize the bloke on the innocent end of the QSO. He
didn't do anything wrong. Would your rule apply to a station running 1600
watts instead of 1500. Or 1500 watts instead of 100?

When you say "would not make it count", do you mean doesn't count for the
guy who sent in the check log? No one here is saying he should get credit
or be in the standings. Or do you mean BOTH the guy who sent in the check
log AND all the people who worked him get penalized?

If the latter, I would say that instead of sending in a check log, just
send no log at all. The outcome is a kinder thing. People routinely run HP
in the NAQP, and just don't bother to send in logs. Here's NAQP's rule 6:

"6. Output Power: No greater than 100 W. Use of external amplifiers capable
of more than 100 W output is not allowed. QRP (5 W) entries will be
recognized in the results. Entries from stations choosing to use more than
100 W will be classified as check logs."

It's clear they have no intention of penalizing stations who QSO'd a
station submitting a check log, or no log at all. The station submitting a
checklog just doesn't go in the standings, or get a plaque or certificate.

73, Guy.