Re: Topband: Out-of-Turn Callers

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Out-of-Turn Callers
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2015 23:30:46 -0800
On Wed,2/4/2015 10:51 PM, Jan Erik Holm wrote:
Sorry if I´m a PITA right now but why even bother to
have this debate about K1N on 160, it´s not even DX
to NA, like a local station almost.

That depends on where in NA you are -- it's pretty big. I'm 5 miles from the Pacific, 70 miles S of San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge, 3,122 miles from Navassa. London, England is 3,090 miles from Bangor, Maine. Detroit is 1,715 miles from Navassa. Seattle is 3,330 miles from Navassa. All of those North American paths are over land. The paths from EU to Navassa are all over water. I've spent about 8 hours trying to work them on 30M. They are pretty loud here, but I keep getting beat by stations in the eastern half of the US, AND from EU. I did work them the first night they were on 160M.

73, Jim K9YC