Re: Topband: Antenna isolation measurements (3)

To: "on7eh" <on7eh@skynet.be>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Antenna isolation measurements (3)
From: "on7eh" <on7eh@skynet.be>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 23:19:29 +0100
To complete this winters' measurement session,
Elecraft's Gary Surrency quoted +33dBm (=2Watt) to be the max input power the K3 handles, prior to a (T)RX-failure. (TR-switch PIN diodes and/or post mixer IF AMP) A LCD warning is also issued: HI RFI for "too high RF input".

I.e. our 100W will deliver on 80m, +6dBm (=50-44) at the ext Rx input. A safe enough value on both 80m and topband, leaving some margin for further setup optimisation if there is an answer to the following question:

Is there a minimum target Tx/ext RX-isolation value (in dB) guaranteeing minimal noise coupling from the Tx-antenna to the Beverage? Why? By bringing the Beverage feed somewhat closer to the (fixed) Tx antenna, the (unterminated) Beverage length could easily be extended,
improving its directivity.
This isolation is an easily manageable quantity here allowing for better Beverage position trade-offs on the farmers'field.

Tnx es 73,

Michel, ON7EH

-----Original Message----- From: on7eh