Re: Topband: Is self-spotting ALWAYS wrong?

To: "topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Is self-spotting ALWAYS wrong?
From: "Goldtr8 \(KD8NNU\)" <goldtr8@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2015 08:55:32 -0500
Contest it’s a no no and we all know that and it usually in the rules.

But I am not a power station or a highly wanted call unless you want to work me because I am 5 miles from downtown Hell Michigan. Guess how that works :-).

There were times in the past that I called CQ got nothing and spotted myself with a note looking to WAS and I got some replies that way. So what is the difference of spotting ones self to jump start activity or trying to schedule a sked to work a state or country.

Now the reverse beacon thing is something that I am going to have to learn about.

Anyway it’s a hobby and if its not a contest I think its ok to spot yourself as its about fun.

~73
Don
KD8NNU
2014 3905CC Top Gun :-)