Re: Topband: Tensioning of RG58 coax for 2-way Beverage

To: Top Band Reflector <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Tensioning of RG58 coax for 2-way Beverage
From: Roger D Johnson <n1rj@roadrunner.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2015 11:28:20 -0500
I think Mike has a point. In TV use, the messenger cable is isolated from the signals flowing thru the interior of the coax. For a Beverage antenna, it's the outside of the
shield that picks up the signal. I don't know if the closely coupled messenger
wire
would have a detrimental effect or not.

73, Roger