Topband: 8R on 160m?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 8R on 160m?
From: "Neil Carr" <g0jhc@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 17:35:59 -0000
I swapped emails with 4 European "top gun" operators of late, all in the
270-290 DXCC bracket and all who still needed 8R on 160m. I assumed I had
just been incompetent in missing this one so far, (QRV since 2007) but it
seems quite rare?  I don't know how rare 8R is in NA, but certainly the past
10 yrs it hasn't been too active on 160m?  The purpose of this email to the
reflector is to "Put it on the list" of any of you fine folk who can go on
DXpedition and are thinking "where next" . It would be a good one to choose
Winter 2015. I appreciate it is far from rare on ANY of the other bands.
Which may be the problem.

Neil G0JHC