Re: Topband: HC1PF Luis on TB

To: Rune Øye <runeegil@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: HC1PF Luis on TB
From: Guy Olinger K2AV <k2av.guy@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 04:04:07 -0500
Hi Rune,

Yes, we are copying Luis in the US rather well. He has the usual RX
problems of listening to the US stations in their winter while he has
summer and the local QRN. He also has nearby BC stations in the high
end of the band. Tonight he had a US pileup on him. It was a very
quiet evening on 160 tonight, and although QSB would drop out the path
at times, at other times he was 589. Here are his RBN reports for the
evening, no lack of US spots:

http://www.reversebeacon.net/dxsd1/dxsd1.php?f=0&c=hc1pf&t=dx

He now has an L, up 18.5 m out 34.3 m over an FCP. He's been working
on RX antennas, but don't know where he is in that task. Don't believe
his property can support beverages.

From just listening to who he was working, his path to EU has seemed
better than path to US, or maybe he was hearing EU better.

73, Guy K2AV