Re: Topband: ham radio- NOT

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: ham radio- NOT
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 09:11:03 -0600
I've thought about making at least my Beverage antennas accessible over the
Internet, on a small scale and likely not more than a few times a month. By
far, the main appeal of that would also be the enjoyment of doing it. Once
this project was done, and a few hams used it, the main thrill for me would
be past.

And that's always been the case for me in this hobby; planning, then being
engaged in the projects and building them, are always more fun than finally
being able to actually use the completed equipment, antenna, software,
etc. *That's
because you just can't beat the thrill of being creative and learning new
things in the process.*

But to do this (which I likely won't), I would almost certainly have to
charge others a fee to pay for what it would cost us. I don't think that's
illegal or immoral. No one is being held at gunpoint asking for their
money. It's simply fun for everyone involved.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com

There is something in ham radio for about every possible technical or