Re: Topband: What IS troubling about this report....

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: What IS troubling about this report....
From: G3OIT <g3oit.keith@jillings.org.uk>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 14:58:34 +0000

As a guy with no lap top in the shack---hence, no immediate access to on-line
chat rooms, spotting sites, etc.---what I hate most are those DX-Peditions that
repeatedly work stations without ID'ing, or ID'ing only after some two dozen,
or more, QSOs...

Meanwhile, the proverbial "...hunt & peck" type sits there cursing under his breath,
"WHAT'S YOUR CALL SIGN...?!"

Amen to that! Many's the time I've listened to a (CW) pileup where 20-30 stations have been worked with never a hint of the DX's callsign - or the callsign sent once at 80wpm (I'm not that good!).

It's galling, to say the least.

I suppose I could repair the old laptop and install it in the shack. Come to that, I could work the chap on the internet...

Keith