Re: Topband: What IS troubling about this report

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: What IS troubling about this report
From: Jim <wa3mej@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 00:01:51 +0000 (UTC)
All that is said in this text is correct but it doesn't go far enough. And I
know it may come as a surprise to some of you but DXing is NOT the only thing
in Ham Radio! The operators can control much more of the garbage than they
choose to do. For example: one of the expeditions
had people calling from EU when he was calling NA and they kept doing it.. he
warned them twice and told them if they continued he would QRT... they did and
he did. Now I know he just moved to another band but it makes an important
statement to those who misbehave.
I am a DXer but I do operate other modes/events etc. as well, in particular I
belong to Straight Key Century Club (SKCC). K1N was operating on 14.023 I think
it was but the band of lids calling them went up clear to 14.085... clear past
the area SKCC operates, Past all of the digital and they were calling K1N on
top of the SKCC guys, JT65 AND RTTY operators.
Gentlemen this is unacceptable... causing intentional interference.
Well you might say the DXpedition operators cant control where others call
from... and that is BULL. If they posted their frequencies on the WEB saying we
listen 1-15 up and then stick to it those wishing to work them would catch on
fast enough.
Finally when a particular station does not behave ignore him and publish his
call on the web as a LID. Now all of us make mistakes but some of this crap is
beyond reason and needs to go away
Sorry if this offends someone one but we need to have just a bit more common
sense on the bands.

Jim

Long Live Seal Team VI

http://www.qsl.net/wa3mej/index.htm