Re: Topband: RG-6 questions

To: mstangelo@comcast.net, topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: RG-6 questions
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 09:18:06 -0500
Not to worry. RG-6 (or CATV F6) will handle over 3 kW on 160m, all day
long, 24/7/365, in warm climates and in the hot sun. (RG-11 should handle
even more.)

RG-6 will handle 1500 watts 24/7 into quite a high SWR on 160, also in the
hot sun.

Even though its OD is smaller, RG-6 power ratings are actually comparable
to RG-213 (data from Owen Duffy, ex-VK1OD). I regularly run the legal limit
through my Commscope flooded quad-alum-shield CCS F6 on 160 through 40
meters without the cable or F connectors getting the least bit warm. And I
know for a fact I'm by no means the only ham doing this.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com