Re: Topband: ZS6BKW

To: "'Mike Smith VE9AA'" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: ZS6BKW
From: "Marsh Stewart" <marsh@ka5m.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 15:58:21 -0500
Mike,

I found a website with detailed info on the ZS6BKW antenna.

http://www.nc4fb.org/wordpress/zs6bkw-multi-band-antenna/

To use the antenna on 80M and above the 39.1 ft of ladderline should drop
down as vertically as possible, and then connect to 50 ohm coax through a
"1:1 current balun" (common mode choke). If you connect the station end of
the coax shield to center conductor and feed it against a radial system the
coax will be part of the "vertical element" of what has become a 160M top
loaded vertical fed against a radial system. How will the coax in your
installation run from the station to the base of the ladderline?

Or, if you have a 40 - 45 ft high support (tree) you might consider a W8AMZ
160M Reduced 1/2 Sloper.

http://w8amz.com/W8AMZ_SLOPERS_Page.html

If you do try the ZS6BKW antenna reconfigured as a top loaded vertical on
160M by connecting the station end of the coax shield to center conductor
fed against a radial system, I'd like to know how it works for you.

73,
Marsh, KA5M