Re: Topband: RX antenna switching - multi-rig, multi antenna

To: "Jeff AC0C" <keepwalking188@ac0c.com>, "Art Snapper" <art@nk8x.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: RX antenna switching - multi-rig, multi antenna
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 11:29:23 -0400
For my system here, I have a multicoupler board already laid out that can be used for any number of antenna systems into four receivers. Because these are proto boards, they are a little pricey. They are a low quantity board.

Each antenna channel has about 6 dB loss from in to out for any receiver, so you would have to consider that. The advantages are it is passive magic T's, so it generates no measureable IMD. You can bridge all four receivers to one antenna, or to any antenna, independently. You never notice another receiver coming on line with existing receivers.

It can also be built out to bridge more than 4 receivers to any number of antennas.

In my system I amplify and equalize levels on all antennas, so I have TX antenna attenuated plus any number of RX antennas available. I have seven RX antenna ports in right now plus TX antenna. The three large Europe RX antennas are on dedicated ports, and the other four systems switch directions with a small control box.

It picks any of these antennas:
http://www.w8ji.com/images/W8JI%20site/w8jiantennas1S.jpg

73 Tom

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff AC0C" <keepwalking188@ac0c.com>