Topband: 25 DB Gain Omni Directional Antenna for TB

To: ve4xt@mymts.net
Subject: Topband: 25 DB Gain Omni Directional Antenna for TB
From: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 12:05:02 -0400
Kelly, Field strength measurements, meticulously adopted by the FCC long ago, for AM broadcast stations, are more than mere speculations. The are accurate enough to verify the power levels required by broadcast stations. There is no magic here. Many daytime mainland stations heard here at my sunset and have a pre-sunrise waivers for 5 watts or less go from good SWL copy at 1-KW, at 5 watts they vanish. Due to competition some stations, who never make the switch, are hit with hefty fines which are supported alone by FSM work done by field engineers. Here for direct contrast I have several Beverages aimed right on PR and can determine precisely the difference and time when each switch between high power and low power.

These tests are not opinion, suspicion, superstition, or myth but are recorded values repeated many times over.

Conversely, In Aguadilla WABA is a 5KW day and 1-Kw night on 850 Khz they produce a daytime signal of S3 at my location. In Ponce WDEP (1490Khz) also runs 5KW Day and 1KW night and produces a daytime signal at my location of S9. My receiver is calibrated at 5db per S unit. In order for the Aguadilla station (WABA) to have a signal here equal to that of the Ponce station it would have to increase its signal by 30 dbs Unless KP4KE or anyone else can tell me what antenna on 160 meters has an omni directional gain of 25 db is used....then for me it's case closed. I am also certain that no "tests", nor "quest operators," nor "trustworthy" experiments, at a ham station in Aguadilla, PR using a "double bazooka" as claimed, are about to disprove Maxwell's Equations.

Or as the old folks in North Dakota used to say......."figures don't lie but liars sure can figure."

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ