Re: Topband: Question on common mode chokes

To: "'Robert Harmon'" <k6uj@pacbell.net>, "'Top Band Contesting'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Question on common mode chokes
From: "Charles Cu nningham" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 21:57:27 -0400
I agree.  We really  don't want the coax shield to be part of the antenna,
regardless of whether the antenna is vertical or horizontal. If the coax
shield is part of the antenna, it can seriously distort  the resonance and
the driving point impedance - hence the need for some common-mode isolation.

Regards,
Charlie, K4OTV