Re: Topband: WD-1A wire

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: WD-1A wire
From: Roger Parsons via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 13:44:25 +0000 (UTC)
Thanks for all the replies received both direct and on this reflector.

The pretty much unanimous opinion seems to be that WD-1A will be good to use as
the Beverage elements.

I perhaps didn't make it clear that I am not using the wire as a reversible
Beverage, but as elements of parallel arrays. (I was upset when I couldn't hear
a couple of expeditions last season :-)

I already have a lot of Beverage antennas, mostly using copper hook-up wire.
Those work well, but I have to regularly repair breaks. I am now using the W8JI
technique with the WD-1A with the tensioned wire passing through electric fence
insulators. Quite a lot of work in the bush with several billion mosquitoes and
black flies helping me, but hopefully it will be worth it.

Thanks again to all

73 Roger
VE3ZI