Topband: Summer Stew

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Summer Stew
From: Phil Hartwell via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 09:07:50 +0800
Propagation let us down over the weekend, I only heard one northern hemisphere station the entire weekend on Top Band, N6RK, who was very weak, operating in the AA contest on Saturday evening VK6 time. As a result, I only worked one station in the Summer Stew, VK3IO. On a more encouraging note, we have been hearing signals from South America in VK6 on 160m during the last few weeks, over the extremely challenging south polar path. A very limited window of opportunity for us, around the solstice, so please bear with us as we desperately try to make contact with the SA stations. We need everything in our favour to succeed, extremely low noise at both ends and exceptional propagation, not much to ask for!
Looking forward to better propagation in the next Stew, 73, Phil VK6GX.