Re: Topband: The Remote Question..

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: The Remote Question..
From: "Mike Greenway" <K4PI@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 10:37:11 -0400
Sad indeed to see the post this morning.  The idiom “the means justify the end”
is true in this case for sure.  I guess eventually the rules will say lets just
call them on the phone and exchange reports, as we are near that with remotes
now.  That makes it easier and I guess that is what everyone wants as in
school, if too many students are failing lets make the test easier.

I will not take the easy way out to increase my Challenge totals although that
is my primary goal in radio these days.  The spirit and challenge of what DXCC
was meant to be has eroded for sure.  If that makes you feel good jumping coast
to coast for the best prop, go for it.  I always wondered why I was being beat
out on 160 and 6 by certain 4 land stations and I can ignore their Challenge
totals now that I know they don’t really believe it is a true Challenge.  Don’t
use technology as part of the argument.  73 Mike K4PI