Re: Topband: Waller Flag

To: Lee K7TJR <k7tjr@msn.com>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Waller Flag
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 14:48:48 -0700
On 9/8/2015 1:01 PM, Lee  K7TJR wrote:

To me a signal of 79 uVolts is something over S-9 on a receiver. Would a
simple dipole or inverted Vee antenna with essentially no gain produce a
whopping signal from the same source. Of course it would pick up noise as
well but I would think it would not be of an equal S-9 level.

FWIW, my 90 foot 160 meter vertical routinely produces 79 uVolts from
DX signals.  Even FT5ZM on Amsterdam Island was in this range.
Stateside big guns at 1000+ miles produce much more than this,
20 to 40 dB more.

Rick N6RK