Topband: JA LP in Central NJ

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: JA LP in Central NJ
From: k1zm--- via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 09:32:56 -0400
Hi Gang

Following the recent posts regarding JA 160m qso's just before JA sunrise,
Peter Hutter, WW2Y, wrote to me to remind me that he heard my qso with JH5FXP
on 25 Dec 1996 near Princeton, NJ.,

This is the furthest Southerly report of a JA being heard at 2130z or so that I
know of - as Peter was in Central NJ at the time.

There is a very very brief darkness overlap on 25 December each year but the
peak possibility of making a qso that far South would be more like 20 December
or thereabouts.

Peter called and called that day but no qso resulted - too bad because it would
have been clearly historic were it to have happened.

So there is hope on a good day - especially with a sked in advance.

73 JEFF   K1ZM/VY2ZM