Topband: Rodent Proof Tape

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Rodent Proof Tape
From: K8MFO--- via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 14:07:15 -0500
Those of us who live in the middle of a  forest are used to rodents chewing
automotive wiring.    Much of  the insulation these days is "soybean
based",  which appeals to the palates  of many critters.    Apparently the
wiring
on Honda vehicles is  particularly delicious, because the company offers "
rodent proof tape",   Honda part number 4019-2317.  The tape is laced with
CAPSAICIN, a  primary ingredient in hot sauce,    There are a number of Honda
dealers who offer this product on eBay.    The following URL  provides one
example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GENUINE-HONDA-ACURA-RODENT-RAT-MICE-MOUSE-PROOF-
ELECTRICAL-TAPE-4019-2317-/291601439155?hash=item43e4ccd9b3:g:MKUAAOSwl9BWMR
zB&vxp=mtr

The product is a bit PRICEY at $30 for a  20 meter (65 foot) roll, but it
does seem to work.  I've not had a problem  with hungry rodents since having
my mechanic use a couple of rolls on my exposed  vehicle wiring.      No
reason it wouldn't work on  coax, rotor cable, or control lines.

73

Don K8MFO  ... in the woods of  Amish Ohio