Topband: A QRP "test" this evening

To: Top Band Contesting <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: A QRP "test" this evening
From: James Rodenkirch <Rodenkirch_LLC@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 13:08:13 +0000
>From 0200Z to 0330Z tomorrow, this evening here in the U.S., some of us
>participants in a weekly QRP Fox hunt will be experimenting in a Top Band
>version centered around 1.810.

Keeping it brief, our Fox "hunts" consist of two or more Fox stations operating
somewhere within a 20 kHz spread of 20 meters (once a week during the summer)
and 40 and 80 (twice a week during the winter). The main objective of the
"hunts" is to collect data on who was worked where, at what RST reports so that
participants can observe/learn about the affects of propagation.

We have Tuesday evenings off this week and next so we opted to try 160 and see
how well some of the participants can do on Top Band; we assume, since we'll be
down at the low end of the band and operating at QRP levels, we won't "bother
anybody." The Fox station calls CQ Fox and the other participants, the Hounds,
exchange a report consisting of RST, State, Name and PWR level.

If you hear anyone calling CQ Fox OR hear someone sending the exchange, listen
in, figure out who's the "calling CQ party" and have a mind to "help out," take
a moment to work us!! Operating at 5 watts or less is "mo betta" BUT, even a
call at higher power will be appreciated.

HEY - it's winter, WX sucks and us QRP aficionados are easily amused.....72 de
Jim Rodenkirch K9JWV