Re: Topband: Diversity-capable transceivers

To: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Diversity-capable transceivers
From: "Chortek, Robert L" <Robert.Chortek@berliner.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 13:35:32 +0000
Hello Barry,

I have been using the 990 for over a year and use it daily on the Low Bands.  I
find it an exceptional performer. The ergonomics are not quite as good as the
ICOM 7800, but the receiver performance is much better. The capability of the
radio is at its best on the low bands, if you look at the ARRL and Sherwood
engineering receiver performance figures.

You can set both receivers to track one another, but the second receiver in the
990 is from the Kenwood 590, and is a slightly lower performer, but still very
good. I do not use it on diversity.

I have absolutely no regrets.

73,Bob AA6VB

Sent from my iPhone