Re: Topband: 2 wl loop, worth the effort?

To: Tom W8JI <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 2 wl loop, worth the effort?
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 17:09:35 -0500
Hi Tom,

You said "Compared to a vertical, there could be 10-30 dB difference in
favor of a low dipole (less than 150 ft high) within a few hundred miles.",
and I was pretty much trying to make the same point but indirectly since I
don't have a dipole on 160 meters.

The original poster mentioned relatively short distance work on 160 meters,
and that is why I mentioned that a true vertical may not actually be his
best choice (he might actually go backwards in performance if he is trying
to work stations in adjacent states as an example).

Don (wd8dsb)