Re: Topband: K3 Noise Blanker problem?

To: Larry - K1UO <k1uo@tds.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: K3 Noise Blanker problem?
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 09:01:00 -0800
The K3 has two noise blankers.  Likely the image you are hearing is caused
by the IF noise blanker.  If you turn that one off - and just use the DSP
one - you will likely find the image disappears.

Whenever possible - if you can deal with a noise just with the DSP blanker
- you will be less affected by strong signals that are outside the
bandwidth of the selected crystal filter.

Tree N6TR