Re: Topband: Ideas for xmit antennas for new QTH in KH6

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Ideas for xmit antennas for new QTH in KH6
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 16:52:40 -0800
On Wed,12/9/2015 2:34 PM, Cqtestk4xs--- via Topband wrote:
On 160 I'm leaning toward a wire vertical suspended from a rope  coming
from the tower which would make the antenna about 65 or 70 feet tall and  to
compensate for that I would make it a T-top.

I like that idea, Bill. Also, if you can think of a way to do it, consider wires insulated from the tower, sloping away from it, and fed from the base against radials or folded counterpoise. If you can elevate that radials at least 20 ft, you can get away with 4-8 per wire. Add radials to the tower and it will act as a passive reflector, giving you a couple of dB in the direction of the slope.

Also look at the several arrays of sloping wires in ARRL antenna publications. As I recall, there's at least one in the ON4UN book.

73, Jim K9YC