Re: Topband: 160M ant advice

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160M ant advice
From: Robert Harmon <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 09:44:01 -0800
Gene,

The cage design sounds very interesting.  I just ordered the book :-)

thanks Gene,
Bob
K6UJ

On 12/18/15 9:27 AM, Gene Smar wrote:
Bob:
I built my shunt feed wire cage based on the design in Jeff Bigg's K1ZM book "DXing on the Edge..." I bought it from the ARRL bookstore but you might be able to find it on Amazon, etc. I used two widely-spaced wires whereas he used three in a triangular form held off the side of his tower with PVC pipe. I was surprised at how well it seems to work for me ( I always get through and receive good reports.) Good luck. 73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F