Re: Topband: A "valid" QSO????

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: A "valid" QSO????
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2015 11:37:13 -0800
On Sun,12/27/2015 6:21 AM, James Rodenkirch wrote:
I believe the gentlemen I conversed with would qualify as holding a position,
Joel.

Joel is a Past President of ARRL and a very active operator. I suspect that he knows what he's talking about. :)

The definition I've cited is published and accepted by those hams chasing very difficult QSOs under marginal conditions like meteor scatter, moon bounce, and other weak signal work. It is published in documentation for K1JT's WSJT software.

Last I heard, the gold standard for DXCC credit is a QSL match in LOTW or a paper card, from a DX station believed by ARRL to be operating legally in that country at the time of the QSO.

In all cases, the stations on each end of the QSO make their own judgement as to whether the QSO was valid when they enter it in their log.

73, Jim K9YC