Re: Topband: 160M EWE Problems Part 2

Subject: Re: Topband: 160M EWE Problems Part 2
From: Art Snapper <art@nk8x.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 10:53:53 -0500
Hi Mark,

I would be curious if you are getting a significant S-Meter reading using
the external preamp and testing with the antenna disconnected from the
cable?

If so, my guess would be that the Ewe pattern is terribly distorted by its
surroundings, noise is coupling in from other sources - or the noise figure
on the external preamp is too high.

73
Art NK8X
ᐧ