Re: Topband: [Bulk] placement oc coil

To: w5jmw@towerfarm.net, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: [Bulk] placement oc coil
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 16:32:57 -0800
Rudy N6LF has covered the top loading issues pretty thoroughly, see http://rudys.typepad.com/files/qex-short-verticals-for-160m.pdf Bottom line IMO: install as many top loading wires as you can as horizontal as possible and then consider a loading coil.

I had eight 6' spokes of 3/8 Al tubing and a perimeter wire to resonate 40' of 3" irrigation pipe on 80m w/o any coils. Worked great on my barn's steel roof.

Grant KZ1W