Topband: Carrier on 1814.0 kHz

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Carrier on 1814.0 kHz
From: "John Kaufmann" <john.kaufmann@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 11:39:43 -0500
For weeks I have been hearing a fairly strong persistent signal on 1814.0
kHz.  It is either a continuous carrier or a series of slow CW dashes.  The
signals I hear periodically from buoy beacons come and go.  This one is
persistent.   I hear it only in darkness and not in daylight, so I presume
it is beyond groundwave range.  From my location near Boston, the signal
peaks at a heading of approximately 230-240 degrees.

Anyone else hear this?  If so, from what direction?

73, John W1FV