Re: Topband: K5P first night

To: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>, Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>, TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: K5P first night
From: Carl Braun <Carl.Braun@lairdtech.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 21:33:31 +0000
Herb and Topbanders

I, too, heard K5P on TB well after my sunrise here in San Diego...about 25
minutes past SR.  In fact, the K5P signal on TB was better than it was on 80M.
I witnessed some real QSB fades on 80 and saw none of that on 160. The pile up
on 80 was also much less organized than it was on 160...token jammers and such.

FYI, on 80 I use two phased 65' verticals and 1/4 wl spacing with a comtek box
which was phased SW at Palmyra...I use those same two verticals (in phase
currently) with base loading for 160...basically an OMNI on 160.  I'll change
my phasing tonight that allows me to phase wither SW or NE and usually gets me
a db or two toward the direction of interest.  Maybe tomorrow I can offer an
update on the signals out of K5P vs SR times for the group.

Let's all support the guys who are making the K5P DXpedition a
success...especially for us TBers.

Regards

Carl AG6X