Re: Topband: Strange propagation

To: herbs@vitelcom.net, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Strange propagation
From: Louis Parascondola via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 17:39:14 -0500
You probably worked the IT9 station in Sicily, Right?  Why bitch?  You get full
credit for working IT9 on the top band and it counts for every award you can
apply to it.  The problem is the person using the station stateside remotely
gets NO credit for anything he works, but you do.  SO what is the beef?  RHR is
just another form of progress due to advances in technology, if we did not
embrace progress in ham radio technology we would all still be talking to one
another on Lunch boxes and Gooney boxes!

The other night I was thrilled to have an
Italian station calling me on 160 only to learn later he was actually on
the mainland via an RHR station.  Is this the way amateur radio is
supposed to trend?