Re: Topband: strange propagation

To: john@johnjeanantiqueradio.com, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: strange propagation
From: Louis Parascondola via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 18:54:10 -0500
Would you agree that working a rare DX station like an  expedition is more
about busting pileups than having a DX station hearing you?   On a clear
frequency most likely the modest of stations can make the contact.  So is it
really about working DX or busting pileups?  Perhaps the list thing was less
barbaric.  In fact isn't " slug fest" another name for pileups?  Besides,
expeditions rarely used lists.  It was for those rare ham stations that didn't
want the caveats of the pileups that were usually resident hams in some rather
rate locations.  In most cases those hams would not engage a pileup and go qrt
if things got out of hand due to those that don't play nice in the sandbox.  It
seemed to be a civil way of doing things.  As far as help with the signal
reports that was a sore spot.

Lou W1QJ

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail