Re: Topband: Louis Parascondola

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Louis Parascondola
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 20:38:54 -0500
Bob,

Lou is indeed a ham, and honestly, one of the nicest people you'll
ever meet. He has repaired my father's Canadian built Viewstar
PT2000A amp several times (Dad was quite blind and insisted on tuning
his amp...) and he's repaired my spare (now waiting on-the-shelf to
be used) AL-1500 Amp. Lou does conversions of SB220/221 amps to 6M
and does one heck of a job with them.

He's not only a fun guy to talk with but is extremely fair in his
charges for work done. Never once have I ever thought his charges
were unfair, to the contrary, I'm grateful I've never once felt I
over-paid and he gives a little extra to be sure the amp is in better
shape than when it was working properly. He's replaced screws, small
components and clean-up without charging for them. When he replaces
components, he does not gouge, he's as a friend who helps you get
back on the air at a fair price.

Not sure why he doesn't add his call or a link to his business when
he posts (I haven't asked him) but... I'll do it for him.

He's Lou, W1QJ

His link to his conversions
http://www.qroking.com/

He's also involved with another amplifier company but for the life of
me I can't recall its name right now.

If this sounds like a glowing report, it is and I haven't seen him in
a couple of years now but I'm glad to know he's there able and
willing to help.

73,

Gary
KA1J