Re: Topband: Strange propagation

To: "jkaufmann@alum.mit.edu" <jkaufmann@alum.mit.edu>, Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Strange propagation
From: Charles Moizeau <w2sh@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 00:28:41 -0500
Stew was a magnificently correct person.

His distinctive white lettered callsign on a background gracing his slightly
oversize, but legal to suit USPS size limits, QSL card is wall candy in my
shack.

Were I to examine my 1973 logbook, I'm certain it would show "W1BB/1" for our
Field Day QSO, at a moment when he was in residence at a favored summer
residence in Harrington, Maine.

His card, sent within an outer envelope, bears a gold stamp with black letters
reading, "Old Old Timers Club...Pioneers of Amateur Wireless".

With all the blessings, and the curses, delivered to us by technological change
in recent decades, along with serious ethical questions and trenchant doubts, a
sympathetic recall of Stew's rigorously correct behavior together with his
simplistic good humor is a joyous experience bringing solace whenever it is
renewed.

73,

Charles, W2SH