Re: Topband: 160m monoband amp (was strange propagation)

To: Louis Parascondola <gudguyham@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m monoband amp (was strange propagation)
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 18:40:12 -0600
Hi Lou,

Of all the sources of unique help and info about 160 meters, IMO this
reflector is the best one.
I suppose you've found the searchable archives, which I've found invaluable
many times:

lists.contesting.com/archives//html/Topband/

lists.contesting.com/archives//cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?idxname=Topband

There are other sources, notably ON4UN's Low Band DXing, published by the
ARRL. Everyone with an interest in 160m should own a copy.

There are a number of other informative web sites out there, too. I have
some of them listed and linked to from www.w0btu.com (not all on one page,
sorry). And there's a page there about Beverage antennas there that you
might find useful.

Maybe you would let me pick your brain sometime about my swamped-grid
dual-833C legal limit amp. It works fine on 160 and 80, but it needs
neutralizing if it's going to be stable on 40 (and work at all on 20). I
have a plan to neutralize it using a tertiary winding on the input
transformer, but I foresee a lot of trial and error. But I don't have time
to work on that right now.

I wasn't even sure if two of those triodes in parallel would even work, so
I didn't spend a lot of time making it look pretty.
www.w0btu.com/833C_linear_amplifier.html

Stick around, Lou. Believe it or not, this is usually a friendly forum!

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com