Topband: Operator license and station license.

Subject: Topband: Operator license and station license.
From: Tod <tod@k0to.us>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 11:02:07 -0700
My recollection is that as recently (?) as 1960 I held both an Operator license
and a separate Station license.

The first authorized me to operate a licensed Station and the second licensed a
Station that could be run by those with Operator's licenses.

Licensed Operators with could use the Station within the limits of their
Operator license.

If I was present, unlicensed persons could operate and those with lesser
Operator privileges could operate. But I had to turn the Transmitter on and off
and be present while the licensed Station was used.

The arrival of VOX SSB in the 1960's caused the 'control' function to be
revised to reflect the current technology and operating practices.

Tod, K0TO

Sent from my iPhone 6