Re: Topband: Topband Digest: K5P good job!

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Topband Digest: K5P good job!
From: "lmlangenfeld@tds.net" <lmlangenfeld@tds.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 12:23:27 -0500 (EST)
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 11:38:05 -0500
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
To: Roger D Johnson <n1rj@roadrunner.com>
Cc: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: K5P good job !

I've heard a few DXpedition operators on 160 meters use the "sending calls
two times" technique under certain conditions (but not often), and the
results are normally very impressive.  This technique is not often
discussed (as far as I know), and probably frowned upon by some who might
think it slows things down, but I certainly found this technique useful
(and often the most efficient method).

Just some thoughts from my end based on my experience last year.

73,
Don (wd8dsb)

Hurrah, Don, a constructive suggestion!  And one that holds promise for far
better results than any likely futile efforts to appeal to these miscreants'
"better nature."

And, as to those who have observed that the "carpet bombing" technique "works,"
I recall the old saying that anything can be made to work if you set your
standards low enough.

73,

Mark -- WA9ETW