Re: Topband: New gift to myself

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: New gift to myself
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 14:24:36 -0500
I'm really looking forward to getting a HI-Z 8A up and running for
Top Band next year but I can't do that with snow on the ground so I
did what I could, now and pulled the trigger on a K3s.

The old K3 was wonderful, had all the factory upgrades including the
new Synthesizers except I hadn't added the new DSP board so maybe it
won't be that much of a jump with the K3s but its something.

I bought it assembled as the 10W version. I also ordered the 100W kit

and ATU kit so once that installation is finalized, It'll take an
hour to relocate the Sub RX and move the crystals from the K3 to the
K3s, reconnect the P3 and then I'll be back in business.

Christmas came early this year.  ;)

73,

Gary
KA1J