Re: Topband: Demo of the value of one dB and the cost of sending too fas

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Demo of the value of one dB and the cost of sending too fast
From: Merv Schweigert <k9fd@flex.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 16:34:15 -1000
Great stuff, pays also if you are a dxer to read old QST articles, one of these is "station design for DX" tells about what a DB can do, as I remember one
quote from the article  " 1db opens a whole new layer of weak DX to work"
Its true and its worth the work if your even half serious about DX.

73 Merv K9FD/KH6

Wow, this is very good Frank. I can't count the number of times I've been
trying to dig out a weak stn and jokingly made the statement "If I only
had ONE dB more of signal from the station"! What's proven here is I
really wasn't joking!!!

Good info. Thanks for sharing the link to AB7E's info.

73 Joel W5ZN